“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” – Stephen Hawking
Speech & Language A to Z, LLC, is owned and operated by Amy M. Schulz, M.S., CCC-SLP.
I am a New Mexico licensed and ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist serving families in Albuquerque and surrounding areas. I have been working with early communicators and their families for more than 15 years. I’m an Albuquerque native who is passionate about my work and the families I serve. My goal is to provide high quality treatment while maintaining compassion for the children I treat and their families.
I HELP CHILDREN WHO HAVE DIFFICULTY…
- …using words to communicate (Autism, Developmental Delay)
- …pronouncing words (Articulation Disorder, Phonological Disorder, Phonological Processing, Childhood Apraxia of Speech)
- …using correct grammar (Expressive Language Disorder)
- …following directions (Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder)
- …using fluid speech (Stuttering, Fluency Disorder)
- …socializing (Pragmatic Language Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Autism, Asperger’s Disorder, PDD-NOS
- …talking to a variety of people in a variety of situations (Selective Mutism)
- …AND MORE!
SERVICES I OFFER:
- Speech & Language Screenings – If you’re wondering whether your child could benefit from a speech and language evaluation you can get a FREE screening to find out.
- Speech & Language Evaluations – If you want to pursue speech and language therapy for your child an evaluation will provide you, the therapist, and your insurance company information about whether these services are medically necessary and what areas of speech and language should be targeted during therapy. Speech & language evaluations are the best way to measure a child’s strengths and struggles with communication.
- Speech & Language Therapy – Children who are not using speech and language as expected for their age can benefit from a variety of therapy methods. I work hard to incorporate therapy tasks into every-day activities that children enjoy. For example, if I’m working with your child I might practice saying words while playing with a marble maze or alternate between saying words and playing with the maze. This helps each child stay engaged in the therapy, which makes it more effective.
- Parent Training – I only see your child once or twice a week. Since you’re with your child everyday the therapy is much more effective if you can use some of my therapy techniques at home. I can teach you ways to use these techniques and help you problem-solve any snags you might hit along the way.
PAYMENTS I ACCEPT:
- Self-Pay ($245 for evaluations and $80 for each 45-minute treatment session),
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM),
- BCBSNM Centennial (Medicaid),
- United HealthCare,
- True Health New Mexico (THNM), and
- New Mexico Health Connections (NMHC).
Please note I am no longer able to accept Presbyterian and Molina plans.