“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” – Stephen Hawking
Speech & Language A to Z, LLC, is owned and operated by Amy M. Schulz, M.S., CCC-SLP.
I am a New Mexico licensed and ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist serving families in Albuquerque and surrounding areas. I have been working with early communicators and their families for more than 15 years. I’m an Albuquerque native who is passionate about my work and the families I serve. My goal is to provide high quality treatment while maintaining compassion for the children I treat and their families.
I HELP CHILDREN WHO HAVE DIFFICULTY…
- …using words to communicate (Autism, Developmental Delay),
- …pronouncing words (Articulation Disorder, Phonological Disorder, Phonological Processing Disorder, Childhood Apraxia of Speech),
- …using correct grammar (Expressive Language Disorder),
- …following directions (Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder),
- …using fluid speech (Stuttering, Fluency Disorder),
- …remembering words and directions (verbal memory, auditory memory),
- …socializing (Pragmatic Language Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Autism, Asperger’s Disorder, PDD-NOS),
- …talking to a variety of people in a variety of situations (Selective Mutism),
- …AND MORE!
I ALSO HELP CHILDREN WHO HAVE THE DIFFICULTIES ABOVE AND…
- …difficulty sitting still (Sensory Processing Disorder),
- …difficulty with attention (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder),
- …Down’s Syndrome,
- …hearing loss and/or chronic otitis media (ear infections),
- …and more.
SERVICES I OFFER:
- Speech & Language Screenings
- Speech & Language Evaluations
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Parent Training
TECHNIQUES I USE INCLUDE…
- …positive reinforcement,
- …the Zones of Regulation,
- …No-Drama Discipline by Dr. Daniel Siegel & Dr. Tanya Payne,
- …the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS),
- …the Sound Contrasts in Phonology (SCIP) program,
- …Alternative & Augmentative Communication (AAC) including Speech-Generating Devices (SGDs),
- …Parent-Implemented Intervention,
- …Peer-Implemented Intervention,
- …American Sign Language (ASL) & baby signs,
- …total communication approach,
- …The Hanen Centre’s programs, including It Takes Two To Talk® & More Than Words®,
- …Animal-Assisted Intervention,
- …and MORE!
PAYMENTS I ACCEPT:
- Self-Pay ($245 for evaluations and $80 for each 45-minute treatment session),
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM),
- BCBSNM Centennial (Medicaid),
- United HealthCare,
- True Health New Mexico (THNM), and
- New Mexico Health Connections (NMHC).